Camarines Norte: Bagasbas Surfing Festival on April 15-17
The 4th Bagasbas Summer Surf Festival will be held in Bagasbas Beach, Daet, Camarines Norte next weekend from April 15-17, 2011, so I’m reposting an article I wrote on Camarines Norte for Sunday Inquirer Magazine in case anyone is interested in sightseeing afterwards. For some reason, the print version doesn’t carry my byline . The full article is also available online here.
About the Bagasbas Surfing Festival:
Bagasbas Beach in Daet is a popular surfing destination because of its consistent waves throughout the year, garnering it the 62nd top surfing spot in the world. Kiteboarding events are also held there during the northeast monsoon season from November to March.
Aside from the main surf clinic where you can get to learn how to surf, the Bagasbas Summer Surf Festival will feature sport climbing, ultimate frisbee, beach volleyball and dodgeball. The onsite registration of P800.00 includes:
- one surf session, inclusive of board rental and instructor (worth P400)
- one event shirt ( worth P250 )
- the right to join the clinics offered (each sport being taught to you for 2 hours each… worth P200/sport )
- one pair of MOJO slippers (worth P350)
- a great beach party with Coffee Break Island on April 10, pumping reggae and ska beats into the summer night (cover charge worth P150 at 70’s Bistro)
For more information, contact the Provincial Government of Camarines Norte at 0930-4938054 or Power Play Events Management at email@example.com.
The event is presented by The Province of Camarines Norte and MOJO Slippers and Sandals with support from DOT Region 5. They are also supported by Progressive Volleyball Center, Power Up Climbing Gyms, Dodgeball Association of the Philippines, Espana United and Sunken Pleasure Ultimate Frisbee Clubs. Official Partners include MarketingVille, Pakyaw.com, Planes and Places, and Bar on the Run.
Article published in Sunday Inquirer Magazine. March 13, 2011 issue.