10 Travel Lessons I’ve learned from Video Games
My blog just turned five months old today! To celebrate, I’ve compiled a few travel tips I’ve learned from years of playing video games, which apply to real-life travel.
1. Talk to locals so you know where to go. They might even give you free stuff.
2. Unless you like walking aimlessly for miles and miles, if you’re looking for a specific place, refer to a map.
3. Explore off-the beaten paths, side-streets, and alleys. There may be hidden treasure where you least expect.
4. Keep healing items handy (think migraine pills, anti-dizziness tablets, etc.) just in case you get sick on the road.
5. Stop once in a while to enjoy the scenery.
6. Pick your battles. When in an unknown place or faced with a threatening situation, it may be wiser to run than to pick a fight.
7. It helps to have a second player (or friends) you can trust to have your back in tight spots.
8. Choose your travel party well. Nothing can ruin a journey more than an annoying companion.
9. Preserve natural habitats. Don’t trash tourist spots!
10. You may not always find what you’re looking for in every destination, but it’s the journey that matters.